Here’s how to add “who has voted” (matchbacks) to a Canvasser account. Once they’re adding, you can benefit from the Ballot chase features like GOTV reporting and strike throughs on names.
 Get the matchbacks as a CSV file with a 1 header row and a single column containing the statevoter ids for who has voted. This can usually be obtained from your county auditor or Secretary of State.
- The file can’t have any duplicate records.
- It must be the state voter ids so that it matches the primary key column (“RecId”) in your sandbox. In Washington State, the IDs will look like “WA123456789”.
 Use the DataUploader tool to upload this as a “semantic” to your account.
Add your file to Dropbox, and then Canvasser can connect to dropbox and pull from it. Being on Dropbox will also allow Canvasser to pull updates later.
 Use the DataUploader tool to add this semantic as an XVoted column in your account. There is a convenient section at the top of DataUploader to add special columns like XVoted.
- A single semantic can be applied to many accounts.
- It can take several minutes to apply the semantic.
 To refresh the Matchbacks:
- First update the file on Dropbox. You must replace the file – if you rename the original file than Dropbox gets confused.
- Then use “Refresh” in the DataUploader (next to the semantic in the middle of the page) to have Canvasser pull the updated file from Dropbox.
- Then use “Refresh” in the DataUploader (at the very bottom) to apply the updated file to your sheet.
 To remove Matchbacks
Delete the XVoted column.